Thursday, August 26, 2010

The truth of life

I have come to expect that nothing you truly want ever comes to you easily. Even when you work your hardest at something you will inevitably be passed over for someone else that sucked up a bit harder or has family connections or flashes the right amount of cleavage.
Fitting in is never easy, marching to the beat of your own drum is over rated, especially when you are missing one of the drum sticks.

Ups and downs are nothing new. Take this for instance, I lose my office mate who smells good and get a guy who thinks flatulance are a turn on....no and does he listen to me because I know better? No, he is a man therefore knows more than I do. That in itself irritates me.

The guy I finally get the courage to ask out turns me down, a long string of rejections based on idiotic excuses. Is being 'too odd' actually a valid excuse?

The worst cycle of my life complicated by a bladder infection from not drinking enough water because we apparently employ a camel that drinks five gallons or more a day and exhausts our supply of water in the coolers....I hope he eventually over hydrates and explodes forcing us to go home for the day.

I am trying not to let all of this get me down. I can count the number of friends I have that know me and love me unconditionally on one hand and two of them live thousands of miles away. I love them all and I am grateful for them. Through good times and bad I know they will always be there and I know when I am a blubbering mess when my little girl goes off to college in a few years they will be there to make sure I do not drink alone.

Those people are the bright side to this unfair world. We worked hard to find and keep eachother, and even when we drifted apart for years we were never far from each others thoughts. I only hope my daughter is lucky enough to find friends like these to help her through her times when I cannot be there.

This took a turn for the somber that I did not expect when I started writing. Let's end on a high note, I have my friends, I have my family (well the ones I care about anyway) I have a job and a roof over my head.....I would say I have my health but I am planning a new tattoo to say 'Box May Contain Broken Parts' :)

Podcast Suggestion for the Day: Chicken Pop Pod - It is a pop culture podcast that makes lot of 80's references

1 comment:

  1. Love you!!! And that would be an awesome tattoo, by the way. ;)

    ReplyDelete